- No advertising or excessive promotion.
- No bots, unless they're cute, funny, or useful. Bots should avoid posting to the public timeline.
- No pornography.
- No gore or graphic violence.
- Content that is borderline NSFW or could be construed as NSFW at a glance should be put behind a CW (Content Warning).
- No racism.
- No sexism.
- No discrimination based on gender, sexual minority, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or national origin.
- No xenophobia or violent nationalism.
- No sexual depictions of children.
- No holocaust denialism, no Nazi symbolism, no promotion of National Socialism.
- No stalking or harassment. In general, if someone asks you to stop interacting with them, then stop.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- No public or private oppressive language or actions.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
- Other unethical conduct.
If you are being harassed, please report the user using the "…" button and then "Report." For urgent concerns, please DM Ash.
If you engage in harassing behavior, the moderator may take any action they deem appropriate, such as a warning or an expulsion.
The above rules may change at any time, and you may be banned at any time based on the moderators' judgment.
What will we do with your data? Nothing. How will you be influenced by advertisers? You won't. How will we aggregate your data in order to improve your service… none of that.
We will never share your data with anyone else, except in the case of valid legal requests if it comes to that. (Hopefully it won't come to that!)
More privacy measures on mastodon.technology:
- HTTPS is used everywhere thanks to Let's Encrypt.
- No ads or trackers.
- Links are direct URLs rather than tracking redirects.
- Understand though that this instance is run by Ash, and (as is the case with all Mastodon servers) he potentially have access to your data, including DMs. The back-end is also not encrypted. If this is not okay with you, this might not be the instance for you.
Also, for truly private data sent between two people, Mastodon offers no E2E encryption. So use Signal for the things you really want to be private.