30 years ago:
- a 286 system of reasonable spec from a clone OEM cost $2100
- a laser printer cost $2200
- a 40MB hard drive cost $700
Today, you can:
- get last year's laptop refurb for $600
- build a current-gen system for around $600 (integrated graphics)
- buy a COLOR laser printer for less than $200
- use $2200 to make or buy a very high-spec desktop or a reasonably high-spec non-Threadripper workstation!
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!
Hosting costs are largely covered by our generous supporters on Patreon – thanks for all the help!