I chanced upon this finding from the list of client options ( https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/)
Announcement blog post ( October 2017 ) : https://letsencrypt.org/2017/10/17/acme-support-in-apache-httpd.html
No initial run goes smooth. This was no different.
After commenting out well-documented 'Invalid command's, I finally got #apache to start at least, only to get thrown a bunch more errors at me.
In the end, what was it? The module was still stuck with the 'experimental' ACMEv1 client.
I guess I should've backed off when I noticed the 'transitional package' label on the package before even installing it.
I'm cozying back up with good ol' #certbot. I don't it's going anywhere anytime soon.
Fortunately, because I had thought of enabling #IfModule-based configuration and not just overwriting all of my configuration, all I had to do was to a2dismod md and I was with my previous good configuration.
And the other advantage is that I don't have to take these configurations out of the main file to make it work.
When the module matures enough to be packaged for distributions, I just have to (re-)enable the module ( and restart #apache, of course ) and I'll have md working right out of the box.
I hope the latest version will be packaged in at least with #Debian #BullsEye maybe.
I'm guessing #Ubuntu might already have the right packages. At least with an LTS coming right around the corner ( even if #bionic does not have it ).
Until then ( or until I build it from source; and it works ), certbot, we're going to continue our relationship.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!