Snark about AI researchers again; Strong language
AI researchers: Actually, Asimov's three laws do not provide a good basis for artificial intelligence in real life; I have constructed the following proof—
Anyone who has any capacity to do media analysis at all: Oh god, that's what you thought the point of Asimov's writing was? Oh god fuck we're doomed
AI researchers: You studied Literature? Lol I'll have fries with that
OH: "It's my headcanon in #Castlevania that the music is in-universe. Dracula just has bomb ass taste in music and blasts it throughout the castle."
Good news as EU formally adopts Ecodesign measures:
- As of 2021, all TVs, monitors, fridges, freezers, washing machines, washer-dryers, dishwashers and lighting products on the EU market will have to meet minimum repairability requirements
- Manufacturers will have to ensure easy disassembly with commonly available tools.
- Spare parts and repair information will have to be made available to professional repairers for a minimum number of years.
1. Controlled by a single company whose business is surveillance and which has added surveillance "features" (for example it fetches packages from their cache by default)
2. Slower than Java and has GC pauses
3. Promotes non-free software by making distribution of binaries without source easy
4. Its devotees insist on reimplementing things that already have perfectly good implementations
5. Mostly worthless type system that doesn't prevent null pointer accesses
ohhhh jeez i just figured it out. the x16 "PRG" format requires a 2-byte header, which i was forging in the source code, which confused ca65 about where the actual origin was... very much my fault, not ca65's 😅
the iphone/android unisphere :( https://cybre.space/@qwazix/102869235507467724
the 8-bit guy has been managing a project to make a c64-like hobby computer, and it looks interesting, so I joined their user group, which is for some reason hosted on fbook.
hoooooooo boy! i hadn't realized what a shit show that place really is! even an innocuous hobby hardware project turned into a bunch of boomers screaming about FAQs and insulting each other
“WeWork and Counterfeit Capitalism” https://mattstoller.substack.com/p/wework-and-counterfeit-capitalism
"I refuse to go down in history next to the likes of Strom Thurmond!" a desperate-looking McConnell shouts as he approaches the podium of the Senate floor. The audience of the impeachment trial looks uneasy.
He opens his overcoat to reveal a TNT vest. "The 115th session of Congress is adjourned-- FOREVER!"
A wizard appears. He looks grumpy.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!