UPDATE: After extensive research, there's no way to do this. Bummer. Best you can do is write some code to automatically update existing Google Calendar events that don't have a Zoom link and automatically add one, but that's also custom stuff.
Today I’m thankful for friends and extended family - both biological family and my hacker family. ❤ all of you! I’m grateful COVID failed to stop my signal. My ❤ goes out to less fortunate.
In gratitude I’m donating to FDNI’s COVID relief fund. https://www.firstnations.org/covid-19-emergency-response-fund/
shout out to @rdegges and @snyksec for sending over this amazing book! Finished the first two chapters, it's really interesting. Thanks!
That's all I've got. If you have some additional ideas, please share them!
6. Set a physical goal and work towards it. I realize it's cliche, but having some sort of physical goal to work towards can be incredibly de-stressing. I'm currently training to do a century bike ride. It's hard to be stressed when you're out of physical energy =)
5. Write down a list of attributes you want to be known for and look at it every day. Try to live up to those expectations.
4. Invest in your relationships. Get a pet, see your family more, spend time with loved ones.
3. Meditate. I started using the @Headspace app a few years ago and try to do a short 10-minute meditation each day. It took a while for me to see the benefits but it really helps with focus and staying calm.
2. Do something positive that makes your community a little bit better. Say hi to your neighbors when you're out and about, foster an animal who needs help, donate some $$$ to a cause you care about, pick up trash you see lying on the sidewalk.
1. Minimize news consumption. I've completely stopped reading @Reddit's front page as it's too emotionally draining. It's fine to follow up on things occasionally, but limit your political news exposure as much as possible.
What sort of message is it sending to future generations that we (as a society) are "approving" of extreme violence in the streets?
The entire situation is completely screwed up. The amount of escalation happening is not looking good.
Looking for a job? At @snyksec we're hiring a Global Head of Technical Customer Support. Please come work with us -- this place is awesome =D <333 https://buff.ly/3HvCFjG
I'm just a happy programmer that likes to hack stuff.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!