I never get used to Maven telling me that it needs to download some code from the internet before it can clean my project…
Can I have good old make(1) back, pretty please?
Apparently I am a early adopter…
Explain it like I am a king!
Daniel Stenberg explains cURL in video show at ceremony where he received a medal from the King of Sweden…
How is that even a question?!? #Quora https://mastodon.dotopia.dk/media/6jB87EJn6e3PdeF0Cgw
best answer to that Wired article on #efail, by Peter Sunde Kolmisoppi:
"Dear @wired. I love @signalapp and yes PGP sucks, but suggesting to people to ditch a decentralised protocol (e-mail) for any centralised protocol (even if it's Signal) is just not the way forward. All eggs in one basket is worse than flawy PGP."
And some communication workflows requires "large datagrams of text" (a.k.a. mails) over "a stream of smal text messages" (a.k.a. chat) and many of the "alternatives" seems to focus on the chat workflow.
* SQL NULL, which exists to break logic, because NULL != NULL but IS NULL (NULL) == True
* "" and 0, the empty string and zero
* IEEE floating point's NaN, which is Not a Number and certainly is not Zero but is probably also not Null, or is it?
* whatever the truth value of 'this statement is false' is
* _|_ (robo-butt), which is theoretically what you get when you try to evaluate an infinitely recursing function but what you actually get is Stack Overflow Exception which is diferent
The reason nulls annoy me is we have so many of them:
* Lisp's Nil, which is not really a null but sometimes used as one
* C's Null, which exists to cause an error when dereferenced, but also wasn't hardcore null enough so they added Void
* whatever you get when you do ,, in CSV
Also, EFF recommending #Signal instead? Really? Almost seems like a concerted effort. You cannot use Signal on the desktop for now (because of the #Electron disaster) and it's not a tool for professional communication anyway. Maybe if you live in Silicon Valley it is, but nowhere else really 😘