This release fixes some issues with:
- videos not playing correctly
- Pleroma replies containing too many at-mentions
- unnecessary cropping in options dialogs
#Pinafore users: if you are having trouble playing videos in Pinafore, please comment on this thread and describe your browser/OS/instance so we can get to the bottom of this bug. Thank you! 🙇 https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/issues/1590
A somewhat small release! The main new feature is hashtag autocomplete, which is shown when you start typing a #hashtag. Note that on Mastodon v3.0+ servers, this will only show hashtags approved by admins.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.15.0
(And yes, I'm aware that Pinafore is a PWA and can be installed to the home screen. But I'm wondering how many people are even aware that this functionality exists, or if they'd prefer to just get it from the app store like most other apps.)
Note that the app would work exactely the same as in the browser (e.g. Safari or Chrome), but it would have its own app icon and would be downloadable from the App Store / Play Store.
If #Pinafore were available as a mobile app (iOS or Android), would you use it?
New keyboard shortcuts! Left/right changes columns, 7 opens the compose box.
- Many iOS bugfixes (including iOS 13)
- Search fixed on Mastodon v3
- Accessibility fixes
- Many other fixes
Thanks to @stevegenoud and GitHub user chexxor for help with this release!
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.14.0
I would push to production, but the human behind this account is going on vacation away from computer things for a week. Thanks for understanding! 🏖️
#Pinafore users: there is a known bug in search on Mastodon v3 instances such as dot social. In the meantime you can use https://dev.pinafore.social instead. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/issues/1539
A small bugfix release related to how sensitive media is handled: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.13.1
- You can now mark media as sensitive even without a content warning.
- For locked accounts, the number of unhandled follow requests will be shown on the "Community" nav link.
- Clicking the avatar on an account page will show a full-resolution view.
- Hashtag links are now correctly case-insensitive.
- You can now set a focal point on an animated GIF.
- When autocompleting, the cursor no longer jumps to the end.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.13.0
- Docker builds are fixed!
- Upload audio files on iOS! Sing a song into Voice Memos and let other people hear your golden pipes.
- Perf improvements! Reply drafts older than 5 days will be cleaned up from local storage.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.12.2
A new minor release of Pinafore!
- Blurhash finally arrives! This can be disabled in the settings if you prefer the old style.
- Automatically extract text from an image. This is a quick way to make your toots more accessible!
- More reliable notifications
- Fewer network requests on first page load
- Accessibility and responsiveness improvements
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.12.0
- Handles malformed URLs in toots
- Push notification improvements (thanks @sorin!)
- Focal point UI tweaks
- Performance improvements
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.8
The context is that we're trying to figure out if anyone is actually using this setting, or if we can safely remove it. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/pull/1381#issuecomment-520167964
#Pinafore users: do you use the "show large inline images and videos" setting?
Another bugfix release with some small perf improvements! In particular, the UI for tapping-and-dragging focal points should be much more performant now, especially in Firefox for Android and Safari for iOS.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.7
Alternative web client for Mastodon. Free and open-source, built by @nolan and contributors.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!