- Handles malformed URLs in toots
- Push notification improvements (thanks @sorin!)
- Focal point UI tweaks
- Performance improvements
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.8
The context is that we're trying to figure out if anyone is actually using this setting, or if we can safely remove it. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/pull/1381#issuecomment-520167964
#Pinafore users: do you use the "show large inline images and videos" setting?
Another bugfix release with some small perf improvements! In particular, the UI for tapping-and-dragging focal points should be much more performant now, especially in Firefox for Android and Safari for iOS.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.7
Another small bugfix release! This one fixes an issue with streaming new statuses/notifications.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.6
Another bugfix release! This one fixes:
- some glitch-soc compat issues
- a Firefox bug where avatars may appear as gray boxes
- an issue with streaming when the app is reopened after a long time away (e.g. as a background tab)
- the grayscale Wellness setting when the OS is in dark mode
A small bugfix release!
- Delete-and-redraft is improved
- Minor tweaks to style (new loading spinner animation!)
If you refresh your browser, you should see a message saying "click to reload." Click the button and your Pinafore will be 🆕!
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.4
What should I build when I "finish" #Pinafore? (i.e. fix the feature gaps with Mastodon)
Another bugfix release! This one has a small perf improvement and adds some instance blocks. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.3
Another quick bugfix release! If you had trouble voting on polls, that bug should be fixed now. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.11.2
Two new releases! v1.11.0 and v1.11.1 add the following:
- You can now set a focal point on images! Click the crosshairs to set the preview.
- You can now click outside images in the image modal to close the modal.
- Various bugfixes
This release adds support for audio uploads (if your instance supports it). You can also play audio files. Enjoy! https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.10.0
Pinafore v1.9.1 is a small bugfix release. Enjoy! https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.9.1
New blog post: "One year of Pinafore" https://nolanlawson.com/2019/06/02/one-year-of-pinafore/
My reflections on the last year (ish) of working on #Pinafore.
- Wellness settings - Does social media ever make you feel anxious or keep you up too late? Try disabling the red "unread notifications" dot, turning the entire app to grayscale, or disabling vanity metrics like follower count, boost count, and favorite count.
- Disable infinite scroll - Some users prefer to explicitly press the "Show more" buttons rather than have new toots load automatically.
🐛 Fixes & perf
Lots! 😀 See the release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.9.0
Alternative web client for Mastodon. Free and open-source, built by @nolan and contributors.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either! We adhere to an adapted version of the TootCat Code of Conduct and have documented a list of blocked instances. Ash is the admin and is supported by Fuzzface, Brian!, and Daniel Glus as moderators. Hosting costs are largely covered by our generous supporters on Patreon – thanks for all the help!