And as always, the best way to update Pinafore is to reload your browser tab. Or you can go to Settings -> Reload and it will do the same thing.
- In the Wellness settings, you can now show absolute timestamps on toots (e.g. "March 14") instead of relative timestamps (e.g. "5 minutes ago"), which may reduce feelings of immediacy/urgency. (Like, "I need to respond right away!") Thanks to @kepstin for this!
- On Windows/Mac, if you add Pinafore as a PWA to your taskbar, you can right-click the icon to see shortcuts to write a new toot and view your notifications.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.24.0
- Word/phrase filters: go to Settings -> Instances -> (instance name) to filter words from timelines
- Press "z" to close/hide all CWs in a thread
- Share photos from other apps directly to Pinafore (only on Android/ChromeOS)
- Show unread notifications in PWA app icon (only on Windows/Mac)
- Various bugfixes and perf improvements
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.23.0
- You can now drag-and-drop multiple files to upload multiple at once
- Fix Safari on iOS 13 and below
- Fix emoji picker in Mastodon "secure mode"
- Accessibility fixes
This release contains some bugfixes, as well as experimental internationalization support. Currently only French and German are supported (thank you @marcozehe for the German translations!), and only if you build your own version of Pinafore using those language strings.
This is intended as a temporary solution to unblock folks who want to host their own version of Pinafore in a language of their choice. Dynamic multilingual support is in development. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.21.0
I love @pinafore. I manage several accounts in it, both on desktop and as homescreen PWA on mobile.
I like how it allows each account to have its own color theme, helping to visually and mentally separate each mode and space.
It also does well at remembering offsets across many sub navigating so you can always find your way back :)
This is a toot from @pinafore using Firefox for MacOS with VoiceOver. Yeah, it works for the most part, exposes one or two bugs we still have in our Mac layer, but because it is so accessible, we can be sure the bug is exactly there and not somewhere else.
You can now press "i" as a keyboard shortcut to open images/video/audio. Also, there is an accessibility fix from @krinkle (thank you!) and some other small fixes. Enjoy!
Gotta say this every so often so ppl are aware:
@nolan ’s pinafore.social is a pleasant and customizable way to use Mastodon.
Question for the #Pinafore community:
Currently, when you click a link to a website in Pinafore, the website doesn't know you came from Pinafore. (In tech terms, the "Referer" header is not sent.)
However, this has side effects in the "extract text from image" feature – it might not work sometimes. What do you prefer?
- Don't tell sites I came from Pinafore
- Tell sites I came from Pinafore
Just a small bugfix release. Enjoy! https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.19.2
#Pinafore finally introduced the bookmarks, YEAH! 💙
Alternative web client for Mastodon. Free and open-source, built by @nolan and contributors.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!