Pinafore v0.9.0 Show more
A new release! Here's what's new:
- Three new dark themes: Punk, Riot, and Hacker (thanks @metapianycist !)
- Theme picker now shows a preview of the colors
- All npm security warnings have been fixed by upgrading dependencies
- Style fixes for input and textarea (thanks @sorin !)
- Bugfixes for Safari
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.9.0
Pinafore v0.8.3 is a small bugfix release. Enjoy! https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.8.3
Pinafore v0.8.2 Show more
Simply refresh your browser, and a small bundle of bugfixes will be your reward. 🌈
- Fix flash of unloaded images
- Nicer-looking font for notification badges
- Run IDB in a web worker for performance
- Other bugfixes
Enjoy! Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.8.2
Since folks have asked, you can enable dark mode in Pinafore! The themes are under Settings -> Instances -> (instance name) -> Theme. Each instance you sign into can have its own theme!
Pinafore v0.8.1 Show more
Many bugfixes! Refresh to enjoy. ⛵️
- a11y fixes for profile fields and other a11y-focused improvements
- fix light text against light background in autosuggest dropdown for dark mode
- a few other small fixes
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.8.1
Pinafore v0.8.0 Show more
It's been a busy weekend, so there's another Pinafore release!
- hide boosts from an account
- hide everything from a domain
- show app name on focused toots (e.g. Tusky, Amaroq, Web)
- support instances allowing >500 characters
- media uploads no longer insert URLs
- faster "copy link" flow on supported browsers
- store less data to avoid hitting iOS Safari limits
Full release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.8.0
Pinafore v0.7.0 Show more
Refresh the page and you'll get a new Pinafore release! New features:
- add meta fields to user profiles (thanks @SpankyWorks!)
- profiles can have custom emoji
- "bot" labels
- fix for Service Worker in iOS Safari
- fix wrong avatars shown in autocomplete
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.7.0
"Hotpants", definitely my @pinafore theme.
Pinafore v0.6.2 Show more
This release contains one major bugfix: in some situations, the Service Worker cache was getting too full due to aggressive caching of user avatar images, which could lead to the quota being exceeded and the site not working properly.
After this update, that issue should be fixed and the cache should be cleared.
Pinafore v0.6.1 Show more
Super minor bugfix release! 😁 Refresh your browser to get the latest. https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.6.1
so why is Pinafore interesting?
It is super lightweight. It seriously runs on a potato.
It also allows you to log into multiple Mastodon servers at the same time and to switch between them in a single UI:
Did you know: Show more
The first @pinafore dark theme (Ozark) was made by me?
It’s named after the Ozark Mountains region of the United States where I was born. It’s blue-based because I’m red-green colorblind and I’ve always loved the color of water reflecting the color of the sky just after sundown.
Pinafore v0.6.0 Show more
Refresh your browser to enjoy https://pinafore.social v0.6.0! New stuff:
- custom emoji now appear in user names
- emoji in user names can be disabled in the settings
- "add to homescreen" on iOS now works correctly
- various bugfixes
Full release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v0.6.0
Alternative web client for Mastodon. Free and open-source, built by @nolan and contributors.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!
Hosting costs are largely covered by our generous supporters on Patreon – thanks for all the help!