Pinafore v1.6.0 Show more
Big release! Also big thanks to @stevegenoud for implementing most of the features! 🎉
- New "direct messages" UI
- New OpenGraph card previews
- New account filters: toots, toots with replies, media
- PWA support on iOS 12.2+
- You can finally press the back button to dismiss dialogs
Good news for Firefox users: Firefox v67 will have a fix so that Pinafore's infinite list will work again! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1536717#c12
Pinafore v1.5.1 Show more
Quick bugfix release! Thanks to everyone who reported bugs on v1.5.0. 🙇
Pinafore v1.5.0 Show more
New keyboard shortcut: you can now press "." (the period key) to scroll to the top and show new toots.
There are also some accessibility and design fixes in this release. Enjoy!
Firefox users: we've found a bug in Firefox v65 for Android that affects Pinafore. You may want to wait on upgrading to v65, or switch to another browser in the meantime: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/issues/1107
Pinafore v1.4.0 Show more
- There is a new dark theme modeled after Mastodon called, appropriately, "Mastodon." Thanks @jeroenpraat!
🐛 Bug fixes:
- Pinafore now supports Pleroma "snowflake" IDs. Thanks @will!
- Pinafore has a new version of emoji-mart with better accessibility.
⚡ Perf improvements:
- The Docker build size is reduced from 1G to 189M. Thanks https://github.com/stanclai!
- Pinafore is a bit smaller (by ~30kB) and faster to build (by ~15s)
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.4.0
If, like me the scrollbar flash in @pinafore on your iOS device has been bugging you for a long time, do not blame pinafore, blame Safari.
It seems like there is a bug in how it manages styled scrollbars. Just disable custom scrollbars (in Settings) and it will be solved.
Pinafore v1.3.1 Show more
Just a small bugfix release!
- fixes an a11y issue with aria-posinset
- fixes account options dialog not closing correctly
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.3.1
I am happy to report that the bug that was causing NVDA to freeze or crash when moving to some articles with long aria-labels, among others on Pinafore, has been fixed. If you're on NVDA Alphas, you'll have the fix in the latest update. It also will probably make its way ino 2019.1 if I see things correctly. So, you can safely turn off short aria-labels for articles in the Pinafore Settings once you have a build with this fix.
Thanks @nolan for providing a distilled test case!
Pinafore v1.3.0 Show more
Cool 🆕 features hot off the presses:
- Report a toot or account
- Mute notifications
- "This account has moved" banner
- Accessibility: keyboard shortcuts correctly set focus now
- Self-hosting: the self-hosted Node server is now a static Express server to better align with production
- Keyboard shortcuts work with pinned toots
- Fixed bug where pinned toots might not appear
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.3.0
Pinafore v1.2.0 Show more
🆒 New stuff
On Chrome for Android, you can now tap "…" and then "share toot" to share the toot with any other app (see video). This is coming soon to iOS Safari as well.
The main pinafore.social server should now be faster thanks to being hosted as a static site. See the release notes for details.
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.2.0
Pinafore v1.1.0 Show more
🆕 New stuff
- You can now share from other apps to Pinafore (Chrome for Android only for now)
- Pinafore can now run on ports other than 4002
- Server-side memory usage reduced from ~300MB to ~48MB (self-hosters: see notes)
- Automatic dark mode in supported browsers (Safari Tech Preview on macOS only for now)
- a11y: color contrast improved, Pinafore now scores 100% in Lighthouse accessibility audit
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.1.0
Note: this is in Safari Technology Preview only, for now. prefers-color-scheme is an emerging web standard: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme
Pinafore v1.0.1 Show more
This is a quick bugfix release to make it so that right-clicking to download an image still works inside of the media carousel. Thanks to @sc for reporting the bug!
Release notes: https://github.com/nolanlawson/pinafore/releases/tag/v1.0.1
Alternative web client for Mastodon. Free and open-source, built by @nolan and contributors.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!
We adhere to an adapted version of the TootCat Code of Conduct and follow the Toot Café list of blocked instances. Ash is the admin and is supported by Fuzzface, Brian!, and Daniel Glus as moderators.
Hosting costs are largely covered by our generous supporters on Patreon – thanks for all the help!