With the new blow-out of personal data from #facebook we see #Zuckerberg uses #signal.
A few points of thought:
* Do not trust any company which claims that #personal #data is #safe in their system!
* if CEO trust #signal more than his #messenger (#whatapp) => point for #signal
* If checking the phone number reveals the use of a tool => no good news!
Sum up => get ride of any #telephone numbers as an #identifier
* And: all internet users us #email . Let's give #deltachat a try. Update the #email protokcoll!
Nice. The focus of the community should be to find a solution where all persons are present =>
- #decentralized (#xmpp #matrix #email ...)
- no 'walled garden' => open standard => everybody can host a node
- not linked to any phone number (#email #briar #tox #matrix...)
- no information should be stored in the cloud (even not in a #blockchain)
There is another messenger on its way using blockchain (getsession.org)
* Another topic: A friend had once DeltaChat installed, keys had been exchanged, and therefore secure communication has been established. Great! However, this friend has uninstalled the App and now I'm facing the problem that my DeltaCHat still sends out encrypted emails to him. How to force DeltaChat to try to update his status (maybe by re-exchanging keys and after a specific period set his status to 'no encryption').
Keep on working on this great tool
Dear DeltaChat team, 👍 for your great work. Using existing infrastructure to improve communication is great. Also to include persons which to not have the DC messenger is great. However, I have 2 comments:
1. Forming groups in DC and then reforming it (removing one!) causes an avalanche of emails. On one side I can understand this, but I have it looks like that they are send out to all group members, even to members without DC. This is annoying as it causes some 'noise'.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!