Programmers PSA - Learn to justify your effort
You've only added two lines - why did that take two days!
* The issue was reported with a vague description of how to recreate it.
* The reported issue was related to functionality, I'm not familiar with.
* I took the time to investigate the real cause of the issue, not just looking at the symptoms.
* I investigated if there were other ways of getting to the same problem, not just the reported reproduction steps.
* I took the time to verify if there were other parts of the code that might be affected in similar ways.
* When I found the cause of the issue, I looked to find the simplest way of fixing it that would have minimal risk of introducing side-effects.
* I tested the change thoroughly and verified that it addressed the problem for all the different code paths that were affected.
Malware adds http://Any.Run sandbox detection to evade analysis
Damn, #Trisquel is nice. I don't understand how people can argue that Free Software isn't good enouth for, say, grandma and grandpa.
I understand that people want photoshop and whatnot, but many people can easily live without.
I suppose it's just a matter of people not being familiar with the benefits, and the higher barrier of entry. Otherwise, why wouldn't people at least try it?
oh yeah old screenshot, dont have GCV3 anymore, no more google bullshit <3
Hello, im Koutsie!
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!