Show newer

If you could end COVID-19 by sacrificing one programming language, which one would you choose and why is it PHP?

Managed to build @keybase and Riot electron clients for my @PINE64 pinebook pro! Now this thing is ripping!

covid, money 

holy shit i didn't realize i could apply for PPP money as an independent contractor until someone clued me in today.

if you're a sole proprietorship/independent contractor 75% of the loan amount is basically forgiven immediately and you can spend the other 25% on rent, mortgage, utilities etc.

covid, econ 

The discrepancy between massive unemployment and a rising stock market is disturbing, and the 60% of Americans who do not own stocks "may be just trying to keep food on the table", writes the radical Marxist publication ... [checks notes] ... MarketWatch?

marketwatch.com/story/16-milli

How to animate a rotating box using Python.

Stolen from birdsite.

Gtk question, boosts+ 

If I have a gtk text view is there a signal handler for it being defocused (i.e user clicks away? Specifically, I am using gtk-rs.

#rust #gtk #programming

the internet: does a straw have one hole, or two? 🤔🤔🤔
topologists: i have waited my entire fucking life for this moment

food scarcity, lentils 

So, I have this writeup I was going to make about how to eat really cheaply with pantry-stable foods, because that's largely how I've cooked for a long time.

But... I don't know if it makes sense to publish anymore, when lentils, the cheapest source of good nutrition in the world, sells for $15/bag online.

Show older
Mastodon for Tech Folks

This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!