This Week in KDE: Plasma 5.20 features start landing.
#KDETip: Open Files from Konsole
1. Hover your cursor over a file name in Konsole. A wild underline appears*.
2. Right click on the name ➡️ "Open File"💡.
* Works for files with associated apps.
Backup manager Kup and the package manager for macOS and Linux, Homebrew, join the KDE project. Find out more in June's Monthly App Update announcement.
KDE Plasma 5.19 is out and it is sleeker and more polished than ever. Check out the new and beautiful photographic avatars, clean and consistent desktop components and widgets, and the easy-to-use System Settings and Discover software center.
David Edmundson busts the myths of NVIDIA, Plasma and Wayland and gives you a step-by-step guide on how you can get things working on your machine.
Koko is a great image viewer designed for #PlasmaMobile. Unfortunately, up until recently it did not work great on desktop computers. This changed last week with various small patches to Koko’s code and Kirigami.
This week in KDE: Okular reworks annotations, Konsole previews images, Plasma smooths animations, and Wayland gets middle-click paste.
#KDETip: Find Windows Quickly
1. Press [Ctrl] + [F9] ( [Ctrl] + [F10] if you want to search in more than one desktop )
2. Start typing part of the name of the window you are looking for
3. Other windows will disappear while the window you are looking for will pop to the front 💡
A worldwide technology community 🌍 Creators of the Plasma desktop & a variety of Free and open source applications that let you control your digital life.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!