#3things longpost, mention of religion, YouTube Show more
#3things I'm grateful for today:
1. Listened to some good sermons today that are reminding me to (among other things) focus on the future and not be distracted with my past 🔭 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lctbj9PiPt8
2. I nearly had a car accident multiple times while attempting to drive and eat Taco Bell simultaneously, but I didn't lose my life (or my license) 🚗 💥 🚙 🌮
3. It was a very moderate Monday overall. Not too quiet, not too crazy 😌
And yes, I clicked on the bait, so here it is if you're curious: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48664251
Do you enjoy following someone's own posts, but they boost a lot of stuff you don't care about?
Did you know you can just mute their boosts without muting their posts?
1. Go to their profile page
2. Click on the menu button (the three dots in a column)
3. Click on "Hide boosts from..."
(Note: this only works with Mastodon accounts.)
#3things I'm grateful for this weekend:
1. Found a good, free live stream to enjoy the 24 Hours of Le Mans 🏁
2. Spent some quality time making an assessment of where I'm going in life, and I now have some goals to look forward to 🎯
3. Got to enjoy a more restful Sunday than normal, which will hopefully prime me for the week ahead 😴
I've finished my bookmarks converter! At least, I've done as much work as I'd like to on it 😝
Anyway, feel free to try it if you'd find it useful: https://gitlab.com/kazooboy/ff-bookmarks-converter
Linux stuff Show more
Most linux distros automatically start up a few 'virtual consoles' in the background every time you boot into Linux.
But how to access them?
will switch between them.
On most? systems the default one used and the one on which your GUI starts up is on Ctrl+Alt F7
You will be dropped down to a terminal when you swap out of a desktop environment and will need to log in again.
Using virtual consoles can be useful if your login screen is misbehaving or your DE crashes.
But... #3things I'm grateful for today:
1. A VIP customer called with a crazy "freezing mouse" problem that I was terrified I wouldn't figure out. But although it took many tries, we got it working! 🖱️
2. Finally watched "Shawshank Redemption," and it had a fitting message of hope for my season of life ⛏️
3. I got a reminder that the 24 Hours of Le Mans starts tomorrow! (It's basically the only sport I care about, lol) 🏁
Bonus: listened to Hafdís Huld again today, and I highly recommend 🎶
Sadposting, mention of illness Show more
I dunno why, but I've thought a lot more about my ex-gf lately. Not so much that I miss her, I just still feel hurt and angry. And afraid that I never will find better people in my life.
And meanwhile, my coworker is facing serious illness. We talked about it some today, but there's not much to say.
I can't fathom it all. But tomorrow's coming, and it's a chance to keep going and make life a little better, for myself and others. In the meantime, wait.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either! We adhere to an adapted version of the TootCat Code of Conduct and follow the Toot Café list of blocked instances. Ash is the admin and is supported by Fuzzface, Brian!, and Daniel Glus as moderators. Hosting costs are largely covered by our generous supporters on Patreon – thanks for all the help!