Polish far right
This is far-right (yet mainstream-ish) polish portal.
The title says: "8th of March. Prayer day for victims of feminism".
Then: "Did celebrating 8th of March help any woman? Sure not! It's better to pray for the victims of feminism, one of most harmful ideologies.
Then you get list of prayer topic:
- for woman that were taught to lose pride of their womanhood;
- for women that were taught to "self-realize" instead giving themselves to others.
There is a lot more.
Prepping questions // Parable od Sower
Did passages Lauren preparing for emergencies influence your behaviour related to preparing for any emergency?
I started to at least think how could I prepare to survive power / gas cutoff (which is not that big thing to do if you live on the remote rural outskirts of Warsaw).
Fall by Neal Stephenson spoilers // techbro
The book does not discuss societal consequences (I mean bloody revolution). On the other hand upper 1% owns a lot even now, and here we are.
Or maybe Stephenson thought: let's make a caricature of capitalism so egregious that people will see it is a idiotic system. Nah. Stephenson is a tehbro fanboy.
Fall by Neal Stephenson spoilers // techbro
At one point of the book 40% of world electrical energy is used to simulate "afterlife" for about 1-100 milions of rich dead people (mostly techbros).
The way this simulation is done there is (almost) no two eay communication between the after world and real world. So this is real undeniable parasitic behaviour.
Also every character in the book has some kind of automatic investment bot to perpetuate their privilege.
One of reasons I like these movies (Ghibli Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa) is that there is a lot of conflict there, but none of the factions/persons is "evil" or "good" (some of them may be "wrong").
There is also a message that you might differ in opinions without hate. Which is message we should learn as a civilisation.
This is probably untranslatable. "Ekogroszek" translated as: "ECO PEAS" is this worst quality coal (that won't be bought by the power plants) people use to heat their homes.
This one is "patriotically branded", named: "PATRIOT PLUS" with tagline: "Energy from polish land".
It's also branded in white red colors, like polish flag.
I bought Detroit game.
I like it very much, it is a visual narrative with some QTE (which you might botch and it will move the story forward).
Story is about a bunch of Androids that (I guess) gain/prove their consciousness.
Graphics is very good, I love textures of faces (best I saw in games so far).
CW: So far generally abuse (including child harm), also death. However no pointless violence and/or gore.
I'm reading two books in parallel one is "Parable of Sower" by Octavia E. Butler the other is "Fall" by Neal Stephenson.
I can't shake the feeling that they are telling story of the same* Armageddon, but one from the perspective of 1% of tech bros (tech persons?) other one from the perspective of 99%.
In the Fall they even ride through "Ameristan" rural, "crazy", part of the USA.
* obviously causes od the armagedon are different somewhat but its still similar enough.
Parable of the Sower first chapter or two
#SffBookClub this book is so good at predicting the future/now it is scary.
- Right wing fanatic wins elections. Check.
- Smart people / middle class not voting due to "disgust in politics". Check*.
- Social stratification. Check**.
* Actually voter demobilisation was one of the more effective strategies employed by the Cambridge Analitica.
** This is only hinted, but since new VR gear is researched and produced, somebody can afford it.
Eliza slight spoilers
Game rises interesting points on the "sense of suffering", privacy, legality of surveillance capitalism and so forth.
4. I do believe that some pre-war Polish political parties and organisations would start racial extermination policies if given the chance. (pre war Poland did discriminate Jews and possibly other "races")
5. I believe that currently in Poland are such forces/parties (however since Poland is racially homogeneous mostly they would hurt LGBT persons).
6. I believe that current Polish government is on a way to become such a force itself.
Maybe to extend this:
1. Obviously Poland as a country did not take part in racial extermination during the II world war. Cause Poland was occupied.
2. Some Poles killed the Jews (and Ukrainians and Romani people... and others I don't know about). Other Poles did rescue them from organized extermination. But it was the same with Germans and all other nations.
3. Nation IMO is not something that exists outside of human mind, so using to seriously think about stuff is flawed.
One man developement team from Poland. Mostly I do python stuff.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!