I like the idea of building a sort of desk shelfy thing to go over my desk. It could have a built in pegboard, lighting, webcam mount (for videoing desk) and of course storage.

Does anyone know if this is an existing thing that has a name?

· · Web · 5 · 1 · 2

@ieure Thanks that's it! It looks like they're usually a single unit but that's just implementation details


I've seen various incarnations of this approach, but i have never come across a specific name for this sort of design.


I have a batch of wall-mounted shelves on the wall at one end of my desk that serves roughly the same purpose. :D

@gbrnt 'over desk cabinet' turns up some similar objects.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon for Tech Folks

This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!