* BBC World Service Newshour Downloader: BBC podcasts
* Linwood Butterfly: a note app (dear devs, 🙏 put meaningful descriptions!!!)
* OUI Lookup and Database: find device manufacturers by MAC address
* Pushie: temporary, secure, password sharing
* Specie: Currency conversion
* Cyrillic Transliterator: latin to cyrillic and vice versa
* Doodle: Live Wallpapers
* ShoppingList: a shopping list of course 🛍️
* SoundBored: make noises
* TTime: calculate transfer time, data quantity and bandwidth
#AndroidAppRain at @fdroidorg – I've already skipped 2 runs, index update frequency is quite amazing these days. The last 2 runs had "only" updates, the current one has 33 updates again, but also 1 new app:
No idea what that is (I had insisted on a proper app description before approving). Seems to be some "journaling" app.
* Fedilab: the new version shall support @unifiedpush 🥳
I hope more apps will include that soon!
* Foreground: a task manager
* Simple Sudoku Game: no soccer, really 🙊 🤣
And while we're on it, freshly arrived in my repo is
* AndroTainer: a Portainer client. Manage your Docker containers from your Android device
* PeerTube Live: stream your cam live to PeerTube!
* WordBook: a dictionary for linguists
Coming today to IzzyOnDroid:
* Sotification: show today's screen-on-time in the notification area
* AnXray: proxy chain
* Bubble: bubble level
* Droid-ify: materialized F-Droid client
* monocles mail: mail client
* Notification Dictionary: look up terms
* Ojo RTSP IP Camera viewer
* Sav PDF Viewer Pro
* Gravity Force Finger: game to feel gravity effects
#AndroidAppRain 🌧️ at F-Droid with 36 updates and 1 new app:
* PrivacyBlur: easily blur sensitive details in your photos before sharing them
Recently added to IzzyOnDroid:
* Pushie: temporary password sharing
* ModSynth: polyphone, modular synthesizer
Coming to my repo later today (next sync 6 pm UTC):
* Save: adds a "save to disk" item to your share menu
* Keep it up: server/service monitoring
* Kotori: a simple speedmeter
* Passman: Android client for the Nextcloud Passman app
* Word of the day: learn a new word/term every day
Now dupes. Properly reviewed originals. You can check and verify for yourselves.
Hey @Google @GooglePlayDev,
It has been well over 2 weeks (September 27th) since you suspended F-Droid Nearby for "impersonation".
We have provided proof that we are F-Droid and want our app reinstated that same day.
The "up to 7 days" review time has long passed.
Please reinstate our app. Thanks.
Appeal ID: 5-7048000032075
* FluffyChat: Matrix messenger supporting @unifiedpush 😍
* Easy Noise: simple app to play white noise
* Baby Phone: pretends to be a phone
* Hayago: minimalist go/chess clock
* Simply Translate Mobile: online translation
* sNotz: take notes
* Share to Pinboard: send URLs to Pinboard
Endlich funktionieren die reproduzierbaren Builds wieder – was bedeutet, dass Version 126.96.36.199 nun auch auf dem offiziellen Repository auf f-droid.org gelandet ist! 🎊
Wir entschuldigen uns für die vielen Versionen seit 188.8.131.52, die es nicht dorthin geschafft haben.
* Minimalistic Price Converter: converting prices of fiat shitcoins and Bitcoin
* PyConZA 2021: program app for the PyConZA 2021 conference (South Africa)
If those don't interest you, update your index anyway to get the latest
* @CCTG version
* and more, all just updated
#FDroid and all #android #apps we're shipping grant you fundamental freedom to: use, study, share and improve them. We want user to control their software, not the other way around. It's not just about #OpenSource it's about #UserFreedom.
* monocles social – XMPP client
* Nextcloud Maps Geobookmarks – bookmark and look up locations
* Search to browser – forwards search intents to your default browser
* Valetudo Companion – find and connect Valetudo robot vacuums
* Funkwhale for Android – need to explain? 🎵
* Guerrilla Mail – anonymous/temporary mail ✉️
* Pareu de Parar-me – inform and collect information about racists police raids 👮
* Liedgutverzeichnis – which song is to be found in which book at which page 🎼
There are lots of Fediverse apps on @fdroidorg, the free open alternative to Google Play. Some Fediverse apps are exclusive to F-Droid!
Unlike Google Play, F-Droid apps are all free, open source and privacy-friendly.
F-Droid can be installed on any Android phone. It's slightly tricky to install because Google tries to block any alternative app stores. However, once it's been installed it is just as easy to use as Google Play.
There are some simple step-by-step F-Droid installation instructions here:
You can find out more about F-Droid on its official site at https://f-droid.org
F-Droid is an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) applications for the Android platform.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!