* Lucia: privacy-friendly check-in (Germany)
* VPN Hotspot
* Kwik EFIS
* Lavabit Proxy
* Simple Time Tracker: track with what you spend your time
* Save a Copy: for apps that won't let you "save" but only store in their private area, get access to your content on Android 11+ by having a copy
Shoutout to @ashfurrow: thanks for adding our logo. 💕 Also big thanks for hosting our home on mastodon. 💕
* Tuner: for your musical devices
* QDict: using dictionaries in StarDict format
* LibreCHovid: the Swiss pendant to @CCTG (libre fork of their official app with the proprietary parts replaced by microG)
* Kotatsu: Manga Reader
On top of this, there were 45 apps updated – including KeePassDX, Podverse, SelfPrivacy, AndStatus, CCTG and many, many more.
* Kaku: Practice kanji writing
* To Don't: inverse todo (things to avoid)
* Virtuosity: Organize and track your music practice
further, 54 updates: @windvolt has some major news, NewPipe got a new version, @CCTG finally built successfully again and now comes with "QR Code Check-in" (forget that "other app" with its empty promises 😉) and many more.
* Bibledit – collaborative bible translating
* OpenHub – GitHub client
* Scoop – stack trace catcher (for easy bug reporting)
Soon to come and meanwhile in my repo:
* Virtuosity – organize & track your music excercises
Try out our new #ReproducibleBuilds support! All signature types are supported The "fdroid build" CI job on app merge requests will run a complete test and give rapid results before sending it to the production buildserver.
We are now automatically scanning apps for API Key Identifiers like #GoogleAnalytics' ga_trackingId that are used to enable tracking APIs. If your app includes these, it will be marked with the `Trackers` Anti-Feature. To fix that, either remove the tracking API Key entirely or move it out of the build flavor used by F-Droid.
* Xenia: a on-device Gemini proxy, so you can use any web browser to view Gemini capsules
It's accompanied by 38 updates, of which your favorite F-Droid client on your device should notify you.
* Orion Viewer: a viewer for PDF & DJVU
* Simpletask Nextcloud: a ToDo-list app that syncs with your Nextcloud
A little prophesy: tomorrow new in my repo will be HeartBeat, to measure your pulse with the devices camera + flashlight…
🇺🇸 And a new mark: 14% of the apps in my applists are now available from FOSS repos (F-Droid and/or mine)
🇩🇪 Neue Marke erreicht: 14% der Apps in meinen App-Listen sind jetzt per F-Droid Client beziehbar (Repo von #fdroid bzw. IzzyOnDroid)
Rest: Play, Aptoide, Xposed.
Count Count (Graf Zahl): "3456 apps @fdroidorg – 3-4-5-6 🤣 ⛈️ 🤣 🤪)
* Invoice Ninja (nomen est o… ⚡ oops, zapped 🙈)
* Dogecoin Wallet (wuff!)
* kubenav (manage your Kubernetes clusters)
* PxerStudio (Drawing tool) 🎨
* Taiga Mobile (project management)
* OctoPrint (3D-print server)
* SMS Import / Export (coming tomorrow)
After more than a week's break, finally the heavy 🌧️ shower arrived at @fdroidorg with 10 new and 132 (!!) updated apps! Newcomers include:
* TuxGuitar (multitrack tablature editor and player)
* Helio (Music sequencer)
* Podverse (podcast app)
* Stingle Photos (E2E encrypted cloud gallery app)
* Wormhole (send/receive files via magic wormhole)
Updates include Catima, Gadgetbridge, MediLog, deedum, NewPipe, and many more.
Today's app-rain at @fdroidorg: 8 new and 63 updated. New are e.g.
* APK Explorer & Editor (incl. Split APK/App bundle Installer)
* Badreads: book tracking & OpenLibrary look-up
* Hrm: Bluetooth heart-rate monitor
* Nextcloud Cookbook (another one)
* Workout Time!: manage/perform timed workouts
Today's weather: 🌧️ 13 new & 74 updated at @fdroidorg, e.g.
* DroidFS: encrypted file storage using gocrypt (compatible w/ Linux)
* Pie Launcher: a different app drawer, pie menu for your favorites
* RoadEagle: traffic infos for Poland, Lithuania and Latvia
* SelfPrivacy: easily get started self-hosting your website
* windvolt: know when to start charging your devices climate friendly
* Can I Drive: how long to wait after consuming alcohol?
* Luftlinie: navigation for birds (which direction & how far?)
* Permission Manager X: extended permission manager
* Watomatic now also let's you say Goodbye to FB Messenger
What did you say? No F-Droid app? Take your pick: https://android.izzysoft.de/applists/category/named/apps_markets#group_1181
And then: Enjoy your #Android #foss apps from #fdroid and its repos: https://android.izzysoft.de/articles/named/list-of-fdroid-repos
Recent developments, everywhere is dealt with and okay 👍
As you may or may not know, Tusky was temporarily removed from the Google Play store, and it has since been reinstated.
We will always appeal against any removals that we see as incorrect, or fix something that we view as fixable. If for some reason the app can't stay on the Play Store we won't stop the development just because of it, we'll find other ways to reach you.
Thank you for reaching out while that whole mess was going on. 🙏
In case you missed it, Google Play recently removed the @Tusky Mastodon app without proper explanation.
Tusky is one of the best Android Mastodon apps, with nothing controversial in it at all. It's quite disturbing that Google can and does act like this.
An alternative and much better way of getting Tusky onto your Android device is by using the independent FOSS app store @fdroidorg
You can find instructions for installing F-Droid here: https://switching.software/replace/google-play/
F-Droid has taken the next step in providing metrics in a ethical way that includes strong privacy protections. v1.12-alpha3 has an opt-in "popularity contest" reporting mechanism in the Expert Settings. For more info, see https://f-droid.org/2021/03/01/fdroid-metrics-and-clean-insights.html
* Brackey's IDE: a code editor
* Fritter: client for Nitter (and Twitter)
* Loud Bang: a WSPR Client
Updates include e.g.
* OpenFoodFacts: after a looong break finally builds again
* F-Droid Client: hopefully better Latest tab
F-Droid is an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) applications for the Android platform.
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!