It was never about the movies we quoted at each other, it was about the shared experience of building a private language of references for your in group
This is why it's cute to, say, quote Monty Python with your buddy but crappy to build your professional-level reference documentation around the same jokes.
Programmers PSA - Learn to justify your effort
You've only added two lines - why did that take two days!
* The issue was reported with a vague description of how to recreate it.
* The reported issue was related to functionality, I'm not familiar with.
* I took the time to investigate the real cause of the issue, not just looking at the symptoms.
* I investigated if there were other ways of getting to the same problem, not just the reported reproduction steps.
* I took the time to verify if there were other parts of the code that might be affected in similar ways.
* When I found the cause of the issue, I looked to find the simplest way of fixing it that would have minimal risk of introducing side-effects.
* I tested the change thoroughly and verified that it addressed the problem for all the different code paths that were affected.
Yes, this post comes from personal experience. Yes, the personal experience was ten seconds ago. No, I do not wish to repeat the personal experience.
(And yes, it was Wikipedia. CSS class mw-changeslist-line-inner-separatorAftercharacterDiff in the watchlist.)
*In Murderbot head-voice* I'm having an emotion. /me gets up and stares at a wall
Today in Things Gemma Learned:
$ [ctrl + z]
Today I learned about the -i flag for #git clean:
Did you hear Apple is transitioning Mac to ARM and #BreonnaTaylor's killers still haven't been arrested?
programmer, (former) moonkin, nasty woman, geek
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!