[1/2] In light of recent events, we removed our (little) content from LBRY/Odysee, and will be happy to accept suggestions for an alternative privacy-oriented video hosting platform for future content.
The increasing "cryptocurrency" focus of the platform design is, predictably, distracting from making and consuming actual content. It is essentially a trading platform, with fees for content creation, constant buy/sell mechanisms that mess with the usability.
We have to do better to support the non-profit, volunteer organizations that support the #fediverse.
As a response to the news about #feneas: https://socialhub.activitypub.rocks/t/feneas-federated-networks-association-shutting-down-very-soon/2135,
let me start a thread with the volunteer organizations that empower the fediverse and rely on our donations.
Personally, I support @libreops
Feel free to reply with information about collectives that rely solely on us to support the fediverse.
Se puede enviar un sms de Claro a Movistar, un correo de Gmail a Hotmail, pero no se puede enviar un mensaje de texto entre WhatsApp, Telegram o Signal. ¿Se han preguntado por qué? Sobre eso reflexiono en mi segunda columna en #DerechosDigitales https://www.derechosdigitales.org/17356/por-una-internet-descentralizada/
- Tourniquets with card readers placed in the separate sections of the center
- Guarded by the Hellenic Police and by a private security company 24 hours a day with the presence of 50 uniformed personnel in each shift.
The construction budget is about *43 million euros* and is 100% funded by the European Union.
It's not in China. It is the "Closed Controlled Access Center" of Samos, Greece.
The "closed center" consists of a set of "security features" to "guarantee the safe accommodation" of the "residents".
- Double NATO-type security fence
- Control systems, such as turnstiles, magnetic gates, x-rays, two-factor access control system (identity and fingerprint)
- Closed Surveillance System (CCTV),
- Smart software in order to warn in time for any emergency events
This is horrendous.
Imagine being so desperate that you board a dinghy and brave icy cold waters to get to a country you've probably never visited.
Meanshile, instead of focusing on the situation they're fleeing, the rhetoric is about turning boats around and "reducing the pull factor".
#Tesla drivers left unable to start their cars after outage
Tesla drivers say they have been locked out of their cars after an outage struck the carmaker's app.
Dozens of owners posted on social media about seeing an error message on the mobile app that was preventing them from connecting to their vehicles.
The Fediverse is not an Endlager for your Tweets!
Autoposts from the birdsite are problematic and may even violate your home instance's guidelines.
- short/tracking URLs
- usernames not/existing in both universes or who are different persons cause confusion
- RTs clutter local/federated timelines
- responses aren't read preventing discussion
- no use of
- content warnings (CWs) for peace of mind
- image descriptions for accessibility
- public/unlisted/followers/direct addressing
#Microsoft blocks EdgeDeflector, a tool that stops Windows users being forced to use Edge browser
Free software contributor and digital rights advocate
Activity older than one year will be deleted
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!