Friend says "Yeah" and then burps several times, which sounds a bit like more words
Me: Did you forget to null-terminate the string
Preferred development method: waterfall method, except the waterfall is the M. C. Escher one
oh my GOD
tired: returning multiple values from a function via data structures
wired: returning a comma-separated string, then using a regex to unpack it in the code performing the call
ah yes the famous "type one sort of space, parser turns it into another"
just tried tootdon (after subway tooter) and found it not very usable for some reason - like the search isn't unified and I found searching by handle to be impossible somehow
wtf ASDF movie 11 came out this week
tfw you discover that you live across the street from a pokestop
To all the P!atD scholars out there, can "Pray for the Wicked" be considered to be in the jazz genre? Or is that a stretch
pro tip for tonight: go outside and check out the perseids. It's pretty cool
And now for something completely different
Soundcloud -> @funkwhale
MeetUp -> @GetTogetherComm
LinkedIn -> @cloutstream
Google Calendar -> @calendar_social
Anything missing from the list? What else is needed?
Any general engineering instances out there?
(boost if you want)
- I have a certain website that spams me all the time that I have an account on
- so, having received zero emails of interest for a year, I got pissed and set a filter on gmail to insta-archive all emails from that website
- fast forward to yesterday: I logged in on a new device, and it sent me a verification email
- and I didn't get one
- and I couldn't figure out why
- Even contacted their customer support; of course the response got archived too
I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near technology
I was just browsing Wikipedia when I opened "List of educational programming languages".
The first subsection, under "Learning paths", was "Assembly language"
Educational?! I think not
wholesome image of a space shuttle & two birds