@libc No, everything is way dumber.

I took the battery off infranted thermometer, checked voltage -- 2.7v. Then I attached a green led, which should be at 2.2v.

I connected the LED directly, no current limiting resistors, nothing at all.

The LED didn't blow. This battery is ded.

@avolkov As the surface area of the active metal is consumed the voltage remains the same but the current drops. Now, more power is being dissipated in the battery than in the LED.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon for Tech Folks

This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!