I have now received a response from the author.
To fix the crash:
* cp ObxIDE ~/bin
* cd ~/bin
* mkdir mono; cd mono
* ln -s /usr/local/bin/mono-sgen ./mono
* ln -s /usr/local/lib/mono/4.8-api/mscorlib.dll ./mscorlib.dll
Now the IDE works as advertised.
Edit: (must be mono-sgen, not mono)
Editing code works (I only tried a simple "hello, world" module). Attempting to compile or run results in a core dump. Exporting to IL and C works, with these caveats:
* I can compile the C code by following the instructions in build.txt and substituting gcc with clang and adding compiler flags.
* For IL, the build directory contains run.sh and build.sh. These contain references to "./ilasm" and "./mono". Replacing these by "ilasm" and "mono" makes these scripts work.
Found a nice Oberon IDE at:
There are till some problems compiling code, see below.
I have built the IDE under OpenBSD 7.0 (amd64 and arm64 platforms).
* Download packages and populate build directory as per README.md.
* Install Qt5 and Mono: "pkg_add -v mono qt5"
* Go to "Oberon" directory: Execute "qmake-qt5 ObxIde2.pro"
* (arm64 platform only) edit Makefile to add "-fsigned-char" to C and C++ compiler flags
* Execute "gmake CC=clang CXX=clang++"
It's a good audiobook player and we had none anyway.
Of course, playing audio files with a music player work, but they doesn't keep track of playing "per book", easy playback speed control or sleep timer, automatic rewind a few seconds earlier when resuming play.
#Cozy just works fine.
me-myself-and-I ==> ()
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!