Found a nice Oberon IDE at:

There are till some problems compiling code, see below.

I have built the IDE under OpenBSD 7.0 (amd64 and arm64 platforms).
* Download packages and populate build directory as per
* Install Qt5 and Mono: "pkg_add -v mono qt5"
* Go to "Oberon" directory: Execute "qmake-qt5"
* (arm64 platform only) edit Makefile to add "-fsigned-char" to C and C++ compiler flags
* Execute "gmake CC=clang CXX=clang++"

(1/2, tbc)

Editing code works (I only tried a simple "hello, world" module). Attempting to compile or run results in a core dump. Exporting to IL and C works, with these caveats:
* I can compile the C code by following the instructions in build.txt and substituting gcc with clang and adding compiler flags.
* For IL, the build directory contains and These contain references to "./ilasm" and "./mono". Replacing these by "ilasm" and "mono" makes these scripts work.


I have now received a response from the author.
To fix the crash:
* cp ObxIDE ~/bin
* cd ~/bin
* mkdir mono; cd mono
* ln -s /usr/local/bin/mono-sgen ./mono
* ln -s /usr/local/lib/mono/4.8-api/mscorlib.dll ./mscorlib.dll

Now the IDE works as advertised.

Edit: (must be mono-sgen, not mono)

Warning: Have experienced numerical instability with the Math/MathL modules that I haven't seen with OBNC.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon for Tech Folks

This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!