Wishful thinking (thread)
So I've been thinking about my ideal version of a social network...
1. It should be built on encrypted chat systems. So all DMs should be E2E encrypted. Public messages should be signed (to prevent spoofing) but not encrypted. Importantly, it should be a federated system, like Mastodon or email. This is definitely possible since Signal (TextSecure, at the time) used to federate with WhisperPush by CyanogenMod.
Here's something I've been thinking about for a while.
If an ultra secure messaging system were to be subverted by the developer(s) compromising the app by adding a silent/invisible extra party to all conversations (i.e. all 1-on-1 chats become, in effect, group chats), would there be any way to know? That is, this silent/invisible extra party would get all messages and replies for anyone the developers wanted to spy on (if, for example, they were served with a warrant or any other reason).
Racism in Australia probably doesn't get enough airplay.
**Firefighters continue to battle Chernobyl fire**
"Radiation levels spike as forest fire hits Ukrainian nuclear zone."
@wjmaggos Here is an example of why I don't trust Greenwald. Read the thread from the top.
Alyssa Milano, birdsite link
I don't usually care too much about people like Alyssa Milano and I don't talk much about the #MeToo movement. However, Milano is clearly an op.
An interesting article on Scott Morrison's Pentecostal religious beliefs.
Here's an interesting analysis of Bob Dylan's new song "Murder Most Foul."
"So, uh, I think Catalina 10.15.4 Broke SSH?" https://feed.tyler.io/so-uh-i-think-catalina-10154-broke-ssh/
NZ has released their modelling on the spread of COVID-19 under a few different scenarios. I haven't gone through them yet, but here they are for anyone who's interested.
@gaab The title may not be the best (often they are written by different people than the article itself), but the point of the article is:
1. Chloroquine has some benefits if administered early.
2. Someone stole a very large quantity of cholorquine from French stores.
3. Neoliberalism has, over the last few years, neutered France's ability to respond to a pandemic.
4. Large corporations are making everything worse by trying to profit from every step of the process.
Well, if you're not swinging from the attic roof after reading this, you're a tough cookie.
Astrophysicist Gets Magnets Stuck Up Nose While Inventing Coronavirus Device
"things went downhill pretty quickly when I clipped the magnets to my other nostril.”
"After struggling for 20 minutes, I decided to Google the problem and found an article about an 11-year-old boy who had the same problem. The solution in that was more magnets."
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!