* Xenia: a on-device Gemini proxy, so you can use any web browser to view Gemini capsules
It's accompanied by 38 updates, of which your favorite F-Droid client on your device should notify you.
* Heartbeat: measure your heatbeat with camera & flash light
* Geometric Weather: the famous weather app finally went fully F/LOSS!
And what my repo could not beat: 52 updates, including NewPipe, Catima, Magisk, CCTG and Tutanota.
* Orion Viewer: a viewer for PDF & DJVU
* Simpletask Nextcloud: a ToDo-list app that syncs with your Nextcloud
A little prophesy: tomorrow new in my repo will be HeartBeat, to measure your pulse with the devices camera + flashlight…
* eSpeak: TTS system
* EinkBro: web browser optimized for eInk devices
* Acode: text/code editor
* Deadlines: manage yours
* Decisions: weighing arguments
* aaaaa: use this keyboard if you want to complain 🤣
* Invoice Ninja (nomen est o… ⚡ oops, zapped 🙈)
* Dogecoin Wallet (wuff!)
* kubenav (manage your Kubernetes clusters)
* PxerStudio (Drawing tool) 🎨
* Taiga Mobile (project management)
* OctoPrint (3D-print server)
* SMS Import / Export (coming tomorrow)
After more than a week's break, finally the heavy 🌧️ shower arrived at @fdroidorg with 10 new and 132 (!!) updated apps! Newcomers include:
* TuxGuitar (multitrack tablature editor and player)
* Helio (Music sequencer)
* Podverse (podcast app)
* Stingle Photos (E2E encrypted cloud gallery app)
* Wormhole (send/receive files via magic wormhole)
Updates include Catima, Gadgetbridge, MediLog, deedum, NewPipe, and many more.
As the last deployment at #fdroid somehow got stuck, let me substitute with last weeks new additions to my repo:
* just arrived: Styx, a light-weight web browser with integrated ad blocker, global dark mode and more
* BusyBox Installer (needs root)
* Habits: track/train your habits
* To don't: inverse to do (track bad habits to get rid of them)
* Stealth: account-less client for Reddit
In wenigen Wochen wird meine Androidenfibel 10 Jahre alt: am 21.04.2011 erschien die erste Version dieses eBooks! Pünktlich zum Jubiläum steht seit wenigen Minuten Version 69 (!!) für Euch zur Verfügung: https://ebooks.qumran.org/androidenfibel (zusammen mit derzeit 10.421 weiteren 🇩🇪 #eBooks ). Wie immer frei (CC-BY-NC-SA) & ohne Anmeldung. D.h. es kostet nix – über kleine Aufwands-Entschädigungen freue ich mich natürlich trotzdem. Links dafür im #eBook
Happy Reading & Learning!
Today's app-rain at @fdroidorg: 8 new and 63 updated. New are e.g.
* APK Explorer & Editor (incl. Split APK/App bundle Installer)
* Badreads: book tracking & OpenLibrary look-up
* Hrm: Bluetooth heart-rate monitor
* Nextcloud Cookbook (another one)
* Workout Time!: manage/perform timed workouts
I regularly toot about new apps at #fdroid – let me add what's new in my repo this week:
* Headi: Headache Diary (incl. migraine log)
* OpenCamera Sensors: photo/video recording w/ sensor data in sync
* Floral: photo gallery
* Wormhole William: magic wormhole (file transfer between 2 devices)
* Holey Light: emulates notification LED on Samsungs/Pixels
and of course also plenty of updates.
Today's weather: 🌧️ 13 new & 74 updated at @fdroidorg, e.g.
* DroidFS: encrypted file storage using gocrypt (compatible w/ Linux)
* Pie Launcher: a different app drawer, pie menu for your favorites
* RoadEagle: traffic infos for Poland, Lithuania and Latvia
* SelfPrivacy: easily get started self-hosting your website
* windvolt: know when to start charging your devices climate friendly
🇺🇸 I dared putting it live: my repo browser should now be 3 times as fast (at least), less memory hungry, much better in finding your apps (full-text search), and some more. Please report if you find some issues I missed!
🇩🇪 Ich war so wahnsinnig und hab das Update soeben ausgespielt: Mein Repo-Browser sollte jetzt mindestens 3x so schnell sein, weniger Speicher fressen, bessere Suchergebnisse liefern (Volltextsuche). Etwaige Probleme bitte melden!
* Can I Drive: how long to wait after consuming alcohol?
* Luftlinie: navigation for birds (which direction & how far?)
* Permission Manager X: extended permission manager
* Watomatic now also let's you say Goodbye to FB Messenger
What did you say? No F-Droid app? Take your pick: https://android.izzysoft.de/applists/category/named/apps_markets#group_1181
And then: Enjoy your #Android #foss apps from #fdroid and its repos: https://android.izzysoft.de/articles/named/list-of-fdroid-repos
Yo-hoo! Today it rains a little in my repo – 4 new, 7 updated:
* ExifEraser: remove Exif metadata from images (e.g. before sharing)
* EinkBro: a web browser for E-Ink devices
* FlorisBoard Beta: for "early birds" who want help testing this genial keyboard app
Yesterday on #fdroid 2 new, 67 updated:
* Coma Phone: auto-answer calls on speakers
Gadgetbridge was updated with nice features
* Brackey's IDE: a code editor
* Fritter: client for Nitter (and Twitter)
* Loud Bang: a WSPR Client
Updates include e.g.
* OpenFoodFacts: after a looong break finally builds again
* F-Droid Client: hopefully better Latest tab
Today at @fdroidorg: 62 updated and 8 new apps:
* Newpipe finally updated!!!
* @CCTG has a new version!
* Automation: event-based automation
* Timer +X: pre-define timers and add them when needed (a la "alarm in 4min (tea)" or "in 20min (nap)")
* 🇩🇪 Schule: Lernübungen (Mathe, Uhr, Rechtschreibung)
* mpv remote: control mpv running on your PC
3 days ago it was 60 updates, today it's 50 updates and 11 new apps at @fdroidorg – with highlights like:
* InviZible Pro: Tor Proxy, DNSCrypt & more in 1 app!
* THOR Browser: browser with native support for IPFS
* Migraine Log: a simple log for Migraine (and its medication)
* NiceFeed: RSS Reader w/ feed search & more
* Text Launcher: distraction-free and leightweight (14k!) launcher
* Watomatic: Finally on F-Droid! Get rid of WA and have your remaining contacts auto-replied with your new home
* Price per Unit: shopping helper. Enter price & size and see if the bigger pack is worth it
* SSTV Encoder & Robot36: one app to en- and another to decode SSTV images (like those the ISS sends)
* Snapcast: multi-room audio in sync
This Mastodon instance is for people interested in technology. Discussions aren't limited to technology, because tech folks shouldn't be limited to technology either!